Emergency Room Malpractice Lawyer
The emergency room of virtually every hospital has become an area where medical mistakes are common and often overlooked. Because of the growing amount of patients and prioritizing patients by order of medical urgency, many things can go wrong. Most of the time, the patient will eventually receive proper care. After receiving further testing and treatment, the mistakes of the emergency room are of little importance. On the other hand, when a patient is improperly discharged, or a diagnosis is overlooked, the medical errors of the emergency room can have fatal consequences. Suppose you or a loved one has been improperly discharged from an emergency room. In that case, you could have a medical malpractice or negligence case.
Most common emergency room errors
- Triage errors
- Diagnostic errors
- Failure to obtain a thorough medical history
- Failing to order appropriate tests
- Misreading or misinterpreting of test findings
- Overlooking essential information given when taking medical history (for example, a drug allergy)
- Medication errors (for example wrong medication or dosage)
- Failure to provide follow-up instructions to the patient
- Failure to notify patients of test findings
- Delayed treatment
If you or a loved one suffer from an injury caused by a medical professional, it could be the result of medical malpractice or negligence. Contact an attorney today to have your case evaluated. CALL US ANYTIME (281) 475-4535 or fill out a consultation form here to start the process.